Monday, September 21, 2015

I cherish every day

Family, 
I'm glad you got my patriarchal blessing! It's amazing because every time I read it, I find something new. I am sure I will take good care of my parents. (His blessing mentioned he needed to take care of his parents in their old age.)

 
My favorite scripture is 2 nephi 25:26. 
 
I thought I was the only one that liked going to the ER haha guess not.v(Gutama broke his finger this week and may need surgery.)
 
 I'm glad you guys were able to attend Chaltu's farewell! And I'm sure it was good talk. Charity is one of my favorite words and it means a lot to me to have charity to gain charity. The pure love of Christ.
(Chaltu was adopted from the same orphange as Mesafint.  She will be serving in the Acadia California mission.)
 
 I think I'm ready for my winter stuff. At least some sweaters haha I just got a hair cut and it doesn't make it any better haha. 
 
 Deciding to go on a mission was the hardest and most difficult thing I had to do. And it's been the most hardest time in my life. It's also been the happiest time of my life. I cherish every day and look back and the hand of the Lord and what he has done for me. 
 
 This week was super awesome! It was really short but I enjoyed it. We went to the Bats baseball museum on Monday. We checked out the place and we had a lot of fun! I bought Conners mom a bat and sent it to her. Afterwards we went home and we had  a couple of lessons that day! 
 
Tuesday was also great. We had a lot of referrals we had to go visit. We set up a return appointment! We went and visited sister Holmen. She is going through a rough time right now and she had just had some surgeries. So she is not doing so hot. She asked me for a blessing and I gave her one and it was super nice to exercise my priesthood duty! I always look forward to using it the best of my ability and stay worthy of it also. 
 
Wednesday we did service for half of the day! I love service haha it's so much fun. There is a lady called Heather.  She loves the missionaries but she just won't accept the gospel. She won't even expet a Book of Mormon. So I had a really good talk with her and after a long time of talking I convinced her to take a book! I was sure happy😀. Afterwards we had an exchange and I was with elder James. He is very smart and taught me a lot of stuff. We worked hard and we had a good time.
 
The highlight of Thursday was Sarah and Prince! We just have been teaching her for the last two months and we finally started teaching him!!! He is super awesome and he likes the standards of the church. But how could you not?  It's impossible not to like this church haha. Anyways he has a baptismal date and Sarah as well. And we are trying to get them married as soon as possible. 
  
Friday was so freaking cooooool.. The stake does this thing where all the youths get a mission call and all the missionaries that are close but get to attend it too. It lasts two days and the kids do everything we do.  They get up 6:30, have a workout, get ready shower,personal study, and companionship study as well.  The next day the mission president came and gives all a training and we eat lunch.  Than we go out and teach the true gospel!!! It was for young men and women.  It was super fun. I had two young men with me. It started Friday and it got over Sunday morning! 
 
Sunday we had a sweet sacrament meeting. My companion got up and sang. He was so good and the spirit was there. I love it! I learned a lot. After church we had couple of lessons and we ended the day with Sarah's dinner! It was super good and she fed me way to mcuh! I enjoyed myself and had a good time. 
 
A lot of good stuff is happening! I'm probably going to stay in the same area but I will definitely get a new companion next week. My companion right now has been here for a while and he has only two more transfers left so he is leaving.  
 
Love you guys and hope everyone is doing good. There is videos the church put on its the 12 step videos. I feel like they could help anyone with addictions out a lot. Anyways keep y'all in my prayers and hope you a blessed week! 
 
Love 
Elder haws the greatest😊

No comments:

Post a Comment