Hey mom.
It's been quite a week for me. As sad j
was to leave my first area, I'm also loving my new area. Nothing like
my last area though. These week was mind blowing for me. Anyways my new
area is in Elizabeth Kentucky. It's a beautiful
little town. It's south of my last area. My new companion is Elder crow.
He is from Washington state. He is only been out 3 months so I have to
be the senior companion and be more responsible haha.
The area is very different. Not a
whole lot of people to talk to on the street and it is just a lot of
rich people. And the answer to every contact seems like "no thank you
I'm a southern baptist" so I'm learning a whole
new way to do my missionary work. We don't have a whole lot of
investigators as well. This area almost got white washed so I guess they
didn't a very good job... But I'm super happy I can be here 😊 the
members are very awesome and super happy about missionary
work. Witch I'm very happy about.
As far as me and my companion goes
we are very different haha. I think I annoy him sometimes because, I'm
singing hymns super loud while we bike and it's embarrassing to him..
And he is a very shy person and doesn't like
how bold I'm with people. But we are working on it. He seems to feel
very inadequate everyday and he is always wanting a blessing... So if
you know of anything that can help please let me know!
Anyways in these past week my
testimony for my savior as grown immensely. I'm learning to rely on him.
My love to serve grows more each day as I consecrate myself to the work
of the lord. I had an amazing experience this week
with contacting. We had tracked for along time and every door we knocked
either they were mean or they just told us they have no interest. So
feeling really sad we left the neighborhood and we were biking and we
say a man siting on a mother cycle so went up
to him and started talking and we went back and compared the Book of
Mormon and the bible and bashed a little and I just had enough so we
told him goodbye and we started riding again.... Couple minutes later we
had a feeling that we should go back so we did.
And he was gone but there was a lady named Lina. She was awesome! We
taught the first lesson right there and invited her to be baptized on
the 15 of December. She expected and came to church the next day as
well. It so cool.
I'm proud of you haha. Biking is
really fun. My legs are gonna be coded with steel when I come home haha.
A lot of hills in these area a lot. I have been eating super healthy
tho very healthy haha I have some pictures I will
share with you. Bike problems are starting to die down so that is good!
Christmas gift for me would be find someone that doesn't have the gospel
in there lives and share with them your testimony and maybe even
introduce them to the missionaries.
I love you guys and I hope you have a splendid week.
No comments:
Post a Comment