Hi mom!
Well... Here is another week😊 this weeks aughta be called
days, because that's how fast they go by. We had a lot happen this week
and it was good. And bad haha.. It was like an emotional roller coaster.
On Monday we got invited to a place we do service
at for a game!!! We played Mexican train, damonos!!! It was a lot of
fun. We had Baptists, Methodists and non denominational Christians there
and we got to play with all of them! And I won the game and elder pasko
came in second haha.. And then they were all
like " y'all cheated" I kept telling them I didn't haha.. And they
asked, how did you win then?! So I told them " I belong to the true
church of Christ" and they all laughed but I don't think it was funny at
all haha.. But we had a good time!
Our area is doing pretty good right now! I know I told you that,
we were supposed to have a baptism this week but it fell through.. It
really made me sad and kinda of was discouraging honestly. Dillion had a
cup of coffee the day before his baptism😢
so dropped his date but he felt super bad and wants to still be baptized
so he is getting baptized this Saturday! So he kinda made me sad. I
caught myself complaining and murmuring a lot this week.. I just
couldn't figure out how to help our investigators progress
towards baptism. And this wasn't the first time a baptism fell through
for me the day off... And I am just super sick of it.. And it really
makes me sad. I really want the best for this people and I know how much
the gospel would bless them.. So frustrating
at times.. Anyways I got a prompting to read some scripture so I did.. I
really liked this scriptures "Remember the worth of souls is great in
the sight of God" and I love this scripture. I feel like as missionaries
we get so focused on the numbers at times,
that we forget that we teaching sons and daughters of God. And the other
scripture that I read right after was this was this "And if it so be
that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this
people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me,
how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" This
really made my day!!!!!
Other than that things are pretty good. We are trying to keep
our heads up and work harder. This is probably going to be my last week
in this area as well so it's kind of really sad. I have grown to love my
members. I love their hard work in the vineyard
of my father. And I love their dedication and love they have for their
savior Jesus Christ. I got super humbled this week. But it's all good. I
feel, he teaches me best, when I am in the humblest of times. And I am
greatful for it. I love being on a mission.
It's taught me so much. And it never stops... You learn so much
everyday. Herding people's stories and the love they have for there
families, brings tears to my eyes. I have been trying to focus on the
good that happens and it made a big difference.
Thank you so much for the bike tires!! I did get some and
it's so nice to have to worry about getting flat tires. I can actually
look around and try to find people as I bike instead of having to
constantly look on the ground, making sure I won't
run over something that will give me a flat tire haha. Mom I love you
too!! Getting an email from you every week is essential for the soul😊
love you lots 💙 and have a good week!
👳🏽Stay mellow🙈
No comments:
Post a Comment