Hello mom!
Well it's been quite the week here in Brandenburg. We got out
transfer news and it sounds like I will be going back to Elizabethtown
Kentucky to be a zone leader over there. So same ward I was in but I
cover the outer parts of e-town. I was completely overwhelmed when I
got the call and I still have no clue why the lord called me to this.
but I know whom the lord calls he qualifies. I was so humbled. I am so
going to miss the members here and investigators. They have been
nothing but a family to me. Man this making me cry writing this.... I
am also so exited and ready to serve in etown. The members have been
calling me since Saturday and telling me how exited they are to have
me back home where I belong haha.. And they kept saying I signed up to
feed you... I am so blessed.
The week in Brandenburg has been the hardest week of my
mission. Everything that could possibly could go wrong, went wrong.
Everyone we talked with seemed so mean and unprepared to here our
message. Some opened their car windows and cursed at us... Some where
throwing stuff out the window while driving and it really pushed my
limits... And the only thing I was looking forward to was Saturday so
we can have our baptism and the mom called and canceled that and hour
before the baptism. I don't know what to do so I just kinda of broke
down and cried... I don't why this was happing but the lord is trying
to teach me something... And he chose the wrong week to do it haha..
But it's alright. I am happy to be in his service.
Our investigators seem to be doing okay. The only solid one we
have is sister Monson. And yes she is from is west and aren't related
to the prophet or at least we don't think so.. But she is our
investigator. She came to church this Sunday and had such a spiritual
experience. She said everyone had " aura" above them. And that she
felt the spirit so strongly. And was in tears. I wasn't able to sit
next to her because I had to give a talk but elder pasko said she
loved every minute of it.
Things are going good. I am super sad I am leaving my companion.
Training and being a district leader has taught me so much about
myself. And I have grown to love my companion and we had a blast. But
I am sure he is going to have a very fun rest of his mission. He is a
really kid and devoted missionary.
Love,
Mesafint
Brothers and sister good morning.
It's such a blessing to be able to speak to you this sabbath day.
I been asked to give a talk on some parables that I like the most.
I have decided i like that the parable of the 10 Virgins. In Matt 25: 1-9...
I love the talk Ellen smooth once gave. She said come let us
walk in the light of the lord.
She said "I’ve always loved receiving invitations. Do
you? Do you ever like to imagine someday you will be invited to
something so wonderful, some event that will acknowledge your
significance, your immeasurable Devine worth?"
"Unfortunately, all invitations are not of equal value. Some arriving
in the mail, through the computer, or on television, some tempt--and
actually mislead. But, thankfully, the invitations we receive from the
scriptures, the prophets, and the Holy Ghost are invitations we can
count on. They give us direction, peace, comfort, and joy. A still,
small voice speaks to us and encourages righteous living."
Invitations from our lord and savior Jesus Christ are very vital and
essential for our own personal salvation. They guide us back to our
Heavenly Father and lead us in the way of truth and righteousness.
Truly they acknowledge our infinite worth as sons and daughters of
God. They are so lovingly personalized. They come from our Heavenly
Father. He speaks to us in a language of invitations: “Come unto me,”
“Follow me,” “Come ye," Follow me and ye shall have eternal life.
Matt 25:1-9
The Savior likened the kingdom of heaven unto 10 virgins who took
their lamps and went forth to meet the bridegroom. Five of the virgins
took oil for their lamps and when the bridegroom came, they were
prepared to receive him. While the foolish five were scurrying to find
some more oil, the bridegroom came, and only “they that were ready
went in with him”
Elder bednar used this analogy couple years ago In a mission president
seminar! And he added this two words "testimonies" and "conversion"
He said....
"1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which
took their lamps (of testimonies),and went forth to meet the
bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps (of testimonies), and took
no oil (of conversion) with them:
4 But the wise took (their) oil (of conversion)in their vessels with
their lamps (of testimonies).
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh;
go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps (of testimonies).
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil (of
conversion); for our lamps (of testimonies) are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for
us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for
yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were
ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein
the Son of man cometh."
Are we individually and collectively prepared to meet our savior
Jesus Christ?If not are we at least doing everything in our power to
prepare to meet him?! preparing ourselves for the generous gifts that
the Lord has promised to all who remain faithful? Are we prepared to
receive His light? Are we prepared to receive all that the father has
to offer?!? There will come a time where testimonies won't be enough.
We have to be converted.
What are some things that could help us prepare best?!? And will help
us put drops of oil in our own personal lamp?!? President Kimball has
given some direction on how to fill our lamps with oil: “Attendance at
sacrament meetings adds oil to our lamps, drop by drop over the years.
Fasting, family prayer, home teaching [and visiting teaching], control
of bodily appetites, preaching the gospel, studying the
scriptures--each act of dedication and obedience is a drop added to
our store. Deeds of kindness, payment of offerings and tithes, chaste
thoughts and actions, marriage in the covenant for eternity--these,
too, contribute … to the oil with which we can [by] midnight [be
ready].” And adding to what he said, temple attendance.
Bothers and sister I have a testimony, that baptism is only a point of
departure. You are not fully converted after baptism. Conversion
doesn't have an end. It's another step that helps us prepare. As Elder
bednar put it "Each successive ordinance elevates and enlarges our
spiritual purpose, desire, and performance"
Everything we brothers and sister's do, should be to prepare ourselves
to meet God. The more we live heavenly lives, the more heaven will
feel at home. Brad wilcox once said in his talk " heaven will not be
heaven for those who didn't not live heavenly lives" I testify that I
know this is true.
"For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God;
yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their
labors" Alma 34:32
"And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses,
therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of
your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is
given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our
time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein
there can be no labor performed". Alma 34:33
The Lord declared, “When we obtain any blessing from God, it is by
obedience to that law upon which it is predicated” (D&C 130:21).
Brothers and sister We gain strength by living the commandments.
Obedience to his commandments shows a reflection of our own personal
conversion. I know if we truly are prepared, it will be a glorious
day for us all, when you meet with your father above. You won't need
to worry about the things you did, because you have Truly repented of
it. It will feel like home. But if you don't prepare, I promise it
won't be so comfortable. Your are not gonna want to stay! Please head
his words when he says " follow me" "come unto to me" "come ye" for I
know it's through him that we can be saved after all we can do. I
testify....
No comments:
Post a Comment