Monday, August 8, 2016

Humility and Diligence

Well I honestly couldn't tell y'all where this week went. Soooo much happened.  And we have been so busy😀 earlier this week we had an awesome mission leadership council in Louisville at the mission office on how to implement Facebook into the mission. And the next day we had to give a 3 hour long zone training meeting. It was my first training that I gave to the whole zone as a zone leader. I was nervous at first but it went very well. 
    
       Well let's start with Facebook. It's honestly been the hardest thing to use Facebook. First off all, I feel so disobedient just by using the dang thing haha... It's just wired because I haven't used for so long and just seeing everyone on there makes it hard. I feel as if I am starting my mission all over again. I thought I had missionary work figured out but no haha.. This is a whole new way of discipline. I have to train myself all over again. And it just scares me so much to come home. It really does. But oh well.. 

     Our investigators are doing fabulous. Kyra came to church this Sunday. She had a really good experience. It was a fast and testimony meeting of course and she bore her testimony and it really touched a lot of people's hearts. She is progressing and coming along super well. We are super exited to see her baptized soon. On Sunday she  came to church and went to the baptism with us and then went to a youth fire side right after. It really goes to show her dedication. 

    Sasha Simms is doing fantastic as well😊 she is so sweet. She wouldn't hurt a 🐝. She came to church and brought all her kids. She has been investigating our church and the Muslim Faith. Very different but we are going with it. She really got fellowshipped well and the members made her feel at home. And her kids loved church. They didn't want to leave. So we are hoping that they might be able to encourage her to come again next Sunday. 

     Luke Logan is an angel sent from heaven haha.. This man just walked into church this Sunday. And said he has been studying our religion and he said he can see himself converting. And we were like yea! You would make one awesome Mormon!!!! So he also came to church this Sunday and attended a baptism our ward had. And it really was just a good day for everyone. The spirit was so strong. 

       I have been thinking about a lot of things lately and have had so many humbling experiences. It's really hard to see missionaries going through a hard time. I feel for them. Like the missionaries that cover the area I use to cover when I was first here... Are going through a tough time. That area was the hardest time of my mission and my life at times. It was so depressing and discouraging at times. I hated it. It was hard and it made me sad seeing them going through the same thing. So we had them over last night and counseled with them. Their humility and diligence to not give brought me tears of joy. I truly have a testimony of this work. I love it and it's very dear to my heart. I love having this sacred calling to serve a mission and how much help I get from him. He really has changed me. And I know the atonement is real. I know. 2 nephi 1:15 But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love. I love y'all so much and thank y'all for everything y'all do💙

👳🏽Stay mellow🙈

No comments:

Post a Comment