Monday, July 20, 2015

Do you have time for Jesus?


Dear Family,
This week has been really good and we've got to do a whole lot!  The Indian Trail Mission is treating me good.  It's been 97 degrees most of the week with humidity.  I lose about 10 pounds every time I get on the bike :)

My companion is great.  He is amazing at cooking so I'm always eating good food.  The bad part is, he use to race mountain bikes back home. It's really hard to keep up with him.  I get really tired.  I don't ever remember going to bed most nights since I have been here.   

The people around here are very interesting. I guess, most of them are Christian and some of are just crazy. They say they have the gift of tongues so they start speaking in a wired language every once in a while. They say it was given to them though the Holy Ghost.  It's just cool and funny I guess. I have been learning a lot and studying more about it. 


Right now we have 3 solid investigators and they are just so awesome. They all have baptism dates!! I'm so exited for them and the blessing they are going to receive through the gospel!! The Mission President is coming down to my area this week to teach one of our investigators. I can't tell you how excited I am about that!!! 


I miss you all! I have learned a mission isn't the easiest thing I have done so far in my life. The days doesn't always go as you plan. It can get a little discourage at times but I know this  is what I'm supposed to be doing right now I'm my life. I'm truly blessed for this wonderful opportunity to be serving a mission!!  


One more thing I forgot to mention---most of the black people in Kentucky are from Africa.   Contacting is awesome because I just always say, "Hey! I'm Africa."  They actually stop and talk to us.  Haha. Or sometimes if they don't stop, I just say, "Do you have time for Jesus?" If I  say they always stop. I'm getting pretty creative!!! 


I was hoping you could send me some of our family pictures because all the missionaries keep asking me to see a pictures and I don't have any with me... You can just email them to me.  Dad, you where right about the tie trading thing with missionaries.  They keep asking me to trade a tie but I only have like 6 so I can't do it. Grandma Hill said she was buying some from eBay and was going to send some to me but I don't what happened to that. It would be nice if you could ask her about it for me!! I hope your doing good and the summer is going well for you! Love you and miss you! 


Love, Elder Haws







No comments:

Post a Comment