Monday, August 3, 2015

Please, Just Listen


Hey Family, 
       This week has been by far my favorite since I have been out! 
Anyways let's start with the food part because food is always a
great way to start :) . I got fed 8 times this week. I got
this African family, we are teaching and she tries to feed us every
time we go. The food is probably the worst thing I have put in my
mouth!!! It's like rice and you put this green nasty sauce with an
awful texture in it! Anyways that's that worst one so far haha. It's from
the Ivory Coast.  There are a lot of people from the Ivory Coast here 
because of the from the refugee camp or something like that.. But 
anyways we get fed a lot. There is a family in my ward and they are 
taking us out to an Ethiopian restaurant this next week.. so I guess you 
could say the church is true! :) haha j/k. 

I got to go on two exchanges this week as well. We teach Redgi and he is 
super great and he is 29. He is super exited to get baptized and his been 
reading the Book of Mormon a lot and is so willing to learn more. He came 
to church yesterday. He really liked church! He said he felt the spirit.  It's super
awesome and we love him.

We are teaching the Culor family. They are just the best! The mom is from Africa
and she loves the church. She wants to get baptized! Her two kids do as well.
She says, "I have a son in Africa. You look just like him and I'm going to feed you every
time you come over. I want you over at my house everyday and
I'm going to start calling you by his name!" Haha! She is super sweet
and her whole family was also able to come to church this Sunday. It's just the 
best feeling in the world. She had an extra key made for
her house and she tried giving it to me because I'm like her son. It's always fun to 
be over at their house!

I'm having so much fun! I had the opportunity to attend zone
conference this weekend---I could say I would definitely go once a
week if I could. It's super nice to get trained and it helps so much with
the work.  It helps you accomplish your goals. This week was
actually the first time we have been able to reach most of our goals
and it's super awesome! I got your letter---thank you. Yesssss,  I
would love to have you send me your testimony for sure! And super good
to here that mubarek is doing good! I actually have a family we are
teaching that are from his mission and they would like to know what
ward he is in. They said they probably know his ward!

Anyways it's been super fun and I've been learning a lot.  I definitely miss you
and didn't realize how good I had it when I was home and just everything. 
Things can definitely be hard on the mission. I thought being a missionary 
meant, walking and just knocking on people's doors all day. It's kind of really
hard to just be obedient and following all the rules. I have been getting blessed a lot. 
I don't know why we have all the little rules on the mission and
in life but when I live by them, the blessing I get from are  just
amazing!!! 

I got thinking the other day and was just wondering why I
ever even did drugs and all the other crap I put myself through instead of 
just being good and living by the commandments. I would
have just been that much happier but since I have been on my mission I
have learned so much. I don't know why many things happen sometimes
but you just learn to have faith and follow God. I learn to have faith in God's
timing. When I see the people in Kentucky, and they don't have the
gospel in their lives, it's the saddest thing ever! It's like, "please, just listen 
and you need this in your life and the blessings.  I don't know  but it just 
makes me appreciate what I have in life and the gospel in my life! 

We taught this family the other day and they weren't very religious. They had 
a little girl about 7 years old. When we started the lesson, we wanted to open with a
 prayer. She wanted to pray so I was like go ahead and she said, "I don't know
how to pray. I have never prayed before." That just made me cry a
little bit. It's so sad and it's just an eye opener I guess.

Love you lots and miss you
❤️


Love Elder haws ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment