Monday, October 12, 2015

The Lord Trusted Me

Hey Family, 

  I had a wonderful week! Me and my companion are a lot alike. I was blessed with so many wonderful blessings this week. Blessings I can never forget. Earlier in my mission, I made a promise with my Heavenly Father that he can trust me enough to put anyone in my path and I will talk to them. And that meant I had to talk to everyone I saw. So the lord trusted me enough to put Brenda in our path this week. As we were pedaling fast to get our appointment, there was a lady sitting on a bench waiting for the bus. And we passed her, I had a very strong feeling that I needed to turn around. So I did and my companion followed me and we talked with her and set a return appointment. The next day we went her house and she was just leaving her house to go get some beer. I asked her, "why do you drink beer?" She said, "I hate it and I hate myself for doing it. But I have decided that today is my last day and I'm going to get drunk and take away my life." I was very saddened and we sat her down and used the teaching skills that we memorized, we said all the points back and forth and when we finished, we stopped and listened to the spirit and she started crying and she couldn't stop. We explained what the feeling she had was and taught her the first lesson very simply but powerfully. At the end of the lesson we extended a bab date and it's for November 7 and guess what?? It's her birthday day and her mothers birthday. We didn't know there was anything special about this day but we prayed and felt good about it. I love it. I was humbled and felt the love Christ has for all his children and he was loving enough to have me help her and have me open my mouth. 
 
Another awesome thing that happened this week was Antonio! He is a collage student and very awesome kid. He loves Christ and strictly obeys the 10 commandments. He has had couple opportunities to look up our church before and he likes our standards. Anyways we had the first lesson with him and, he has a baptismal date for November 14th. He is super exited and he marked it on his phone haha. And we found him on the street walking as well. I'm having so many good experiences. 
 
Prince and Sarah are finally thinking about getting married. I have been waiting for them to say that for the last 3 months. He really wants to get baptized and I really want him to get baptized as well. They seem to be progressing tho! But I know they will be baptized soon. It will require a lot of work on our part but that is what we are here for. 
 
I absolutely love my area and the people. Even though it's really gettho haha. I went to Lexington Kentucky this weekend for the whole day! And I missed my area haha. It was an awesome day tho! I didn't get the chance to take some pictures of the trees for y'all but man. They are beautiful! The colors are changing as well. 
 
Sunday was awesome! I have really been trying to prepare myself to take the sacrament. And just trying to focus on the importance of the sabbath day and been trying to understand the doctrine behind it.  The primary got up and preformed! I felt the spirit so strongly. They did so good. One of the things that makes me sad is, the missionaries here when they get asked if they were born in the church, they say they are and they are not very proud of that. I think to myself how wonderful it would be to be born in a home where the gospel is taught and you are influenced by it your whole life. 

Sarah had some crazy news for me this week as well haha. She had spent the night over at her brothers house. And her brothers friend invited them and Sarah for dinner. The guy that had invited them was a Muslim and he was throwing down on Sarah for becoming a Mormon and just asking her a lot of questions and it went on until 2 o'clock in the morning she said both him and his son and her brother and his family all against her. But her faith was not shaken because she built her foundation upon a rock. I was really proud of her and she got offered a job and she wouldn't accept it because they are making her work on a Sunday... She is such a great example to me! I admire her. 
 
My scripture for the week is D&C 121:45 I love that. My goal this transfer is to have the pure love of Christ! For everyone and to really have charity in everything I do. Thank you for sharing you thoughts and missionary stuff. I look forward to getting your emails as well and seeing what I see here while I work. And the people. It makes me appreciate what you have sacrificed to make the person I'm. I can't be thankful enough to have had the parents like you guys. Family is such a great thing and i love how we all work together to be together forever. 
 
I love being able to say that, this is the only true church and Jesus is the Christ. No missionary work isn't easy, but man as I look at the days I have spent here it makes me appreciate what the savior does for me and puts me through things to make me a stronger person. A person he would have me be. I try to cherish every moment of the day. 
 
 I love you all and thank you for all you do for me. I hope you have a blessed week. Sorry for such along letter I just thought I should share what I felt with you. Love you again and a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment