Monday, October 26, 2015

If an Ethiopian Orthodox becomes a Mormon

  Yes I was so blessed haha. Brenda loves church. (The lady that was super depressed and considered ending her life.) And yes me and my companion teach most if the time. There is supposed to be a teacher in their but he is never their so we get to teach it. 
  Oh man I'm so glad that you guys finally responded to her (Sarah the lady he baptized has been writing facebook messgaes to Wes and I) messages haha. She bugs me so much it and keeps saying they are messaging me back haha. She is sure awesome she found two referrals this week. She keeps amazing me everyday haha. 
   We had stake conference this week. First one on my mission and man who would have ever thought they were awesome haha. I loved it. We are blessed with such an awesome stake president. He loves missionary work. He drives an hour to come take us out for lunch. I love him.
     Antonio is doing so well. We had a lesson with him about the law of chastity and the word of wisdom. He said it's super easy and he has lived both of them his whole life. We are still working on humbling him a bit. But we are great full for him I guess haha.
  The atak's are a family we found this week. They are from South Sudan and the husband had lived in Ethiopia for 9 years. We contacted him he said he hates Mormons and told us to get of his door steps. Then I asked him if he was from Sudan and he said yes and he immediately asked me if I was from Ethiopia and I was like YES! He came and gave me a hug brought us inside his house and fed us. And we met his family "big family" and he said if an Ethiopian orthodox becomes a Mormon it must be true. So they came to church and they came to our once a month fireside and loved it. The asked to go bare my testimony so I did. I love it!!! I feel so blessed. 
   Tanya is doing well. She is so humble. She wants to get baptized badly and she knows the church is true. She is very ill and he kidneys are felling so we have been praying a lot. We have been blessed beyond measure. We are going to have a big month next month. 
 Koffi's  doing so good. The only thing holding back from getting baptized is his mom so we have praying so hard that he heart will Change. We called her and we have an appointment with her tomorrow. 
   Sarah and prince. We dropped them. They are just not ready to make this changes. It broke my heart because I worked so hard for this. We found them earlier this summer. And they live far from us and we biked so hard to get there in the hot humid summer and we got no fruit of our labor on that. It just really broke my heart. 
   But I'm glad to here all of you guys are doing so well. You guys mean the world to me. Each time I see a family here or just anyone and see how they live their lives, it humbles me and reminds me of the things I have so been blessed with. Just by having the gospel in the home makes such a huge difference. I was reading some things for he general conference. It was from one of the new apostles. He something along the line of he never doubted the church. And that he always new the church was true. I think it's the same with me. I hit some rough bumps and went through some stuff lost my testimony. But I never forgot who my Heavenly Father was and I always knew the church was true. I love this gospel with all my heart. The work of salvation has given me the happiness I never had. I'm so thankful for my saviors atoning sacrifice. 

 Gospel love.
Elder Mesafint 

No comments:

Post a Comment