Monday, June 13, 2016

Touch of the Master's Hand

Hey mom😊
    I am glad you liked that email. And no problem it's the least I can do. 
What a blessed week it was for us here. I can't tell you, how much this week meant to me. I know that the lord was working with us along our side this week and I could tell his hands were in every single day of the week. 

    Wendell did get baptized! It truly was something that I will always remember. This is the hardest, I have ever worked for anything. From the day I met him till the day he got baptized, I was thinking, praying, pondering and beseeching my Heavenly Father to help us get him baptized. And it wasn't it easy. But it was worth every second. It was worth every effort. I feel so blessed. The spirit was so strong and everyone was filling it, at his baptism. This truly was the most spiritual baptisms I have ever been too. He was ready. He truly applied the atoning sacrifice of our savior Jesus Christ. He didn't just hope to be saved by grace, he changed himself by grace to more Christlike and loving person. 

    Sunday was his confirmation. And he was glowing. He just kept smiling and it was such a neat experience. During the elders quorum we talked about the importance of reading our scriptures daily. And  Wendell and the opportunity to read in the class and the way he was reading it, made it sound so poetic and it sounded like he had know that doctrine his whole life. Everyone was like wow haha.. I truly stand all amazed at how much he has progressed in this gospel. He kept saying "wow this church is true" and we kept telling him "took long enough to figure that out tho" haha.. But no he is so awesome.

    The other tender mercies we saw this week was, with Erica and Marvin. I love this two to death. They are struggling a lot right now with financial issues but that doesn't keep em from meeting with us. They treat us if we are like family. They are progressing so fast. Erica is already and in the book of mosiah. I was super impressed with them. Things are looking up for them. And I know, as long is they make the lord Jesus Christ there priority, everything will work out for the good. 

   I am sorry I talk to much haha.. But I am so glad tofik and gutama have been doing good. I don't know  if they ever got the chance to read my email or not, from last week. But that's awesome. Anyways thanks for all you do. Thank you so much for mentioning the atonement. I will share with you a poam that has impacted me, over the past year. I feel that I could relate to it. Here it is.. 
Twas battered and scarred, and the auctioneer Thought it scarcely worth his while
To waste much time on the old violin,

But held it up with a smile:
“What am I bidden, good folks,” he cried, “Who’ll start the bidding for me?”
“A dollar, a dollar”; then, “Two!” “Only two? Two dollars, and who’ll make it three?
Three dollars, once; three dollars, twice; Going for three—” But no,
From the room, far back, a gray-haired man Came forward and picked up the bow; Then, wiping the dust from the old violin, And tightening the loose strings,
He played a melody pure and sweet As a caroling angel sings.
The music ceased, and the auctioneer, With a voice that was quiet and low, Said, “What am I bid for the old violin?” And he held it up with the bow.
“A thousand dollars, and who’ll make it two? Two thousand! And who’ll make it three? Three thousand, once, three thousand, twice, And going, and gone!” said he.
The people cheered, but some of them cried, “We do not quite understand
What changed its worth.” Swift came the reply: “The touch of a master’s hand.”
And many a man with life out of tune,
And battered and scarred with sin,

Is auctioned cheap to the thoughtless crowd, Much like the old violin.

A “mess of pottage,” a glass of wine,

A game—and he travels on.

He’s “going” once, and “going” twice,

He’s “going” and almost “gone.”

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd Never can quite understand

The worth of a soul and the change that’s wrought By the touch of the Master’s hand.
I love you and have a good week💙 

No comments:

Post a Comment