Hey mom!
Thank you for your letters, and it sure puts a smile on my face when I open the mail box and there is a mail inside it. Let me start out by saying how proud of Gutama I am (He fasted for Mesafint and Mubarek to be able to find people to teach). It makes serving a mission 10 times better when your little brothers are influenced in a good way. And I'm so thankful he was able to fast for me and tell him that his prayers were answered! We had 6 new investigators and we got 15 referrals. We had 14 lessons and we were just busy. And it just made me feel super happy when you told me that he did that. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. And it may not always be how we want to to get answered but he sure does answer them.
This week has been full of miracles! We had a new missionary training thing earlier this week and they challenged us to be bold and to be 100 percent obedient. So on Tuesday we had the opportunity to go to a religious party thing and there was a lot of different religions. And we had our own section and we were teaching the restoration and there were about 20 people there listening to us. One of them got up and asked, "so are you saying your church is the only true church in earth today?" I said, "yup I'm glad you heard me correctly." Everyone was so shocked and some were offended but we got two sold investigators out it. So it was nice I guess haha. And I've been super obedient this week so the lord has definitely blessed us quit a bit.
Our bike rides have been increasing as we get more investigators. We have a little bike computer things attached to the bikes and it tell as how many miles we got each day and this week, we have had 30 miles almost everyday. So I don't know if that's quite a blessing or not haha but I'm learning to love it.
I had the opportunity to work with some transgender people this week, and it really was a humbling experience for me to see what they have to go through. I really never thought much about gay and lesbian but now that I have to help them it's kinda hard and challenging to know how to help them. But we have couple people in my ward and they were able to come teach them with us. I know that every challenge we get is for a reason and it supposed to help us and help us learn who we really are and what we can be capable of doing.
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying your summer haha. A summer isn't a summer with out the one and only mesafint tho. Haha I'm happy you got your job and super awesome your prayers were answered. Okay mom I'm about to tell you something that will probably make you a little mad but please don't be. Once I got into the mtc, I had a really strong feeling that I should get my patriarchal blessing but I didn't really thing much of it and once I came out on the field, I kept getting more and more so I finally just talked to the president about it. And he told me I should get it and act on those spirit promptings, so I got it this last Sunday and it was sure a beautiful blessing! And it talks a lot about you and dad so that's pretty cool. I'm going to send you a copy when I get it from salt lake in the next couple week. Anyways I love you and miss and glad to here everyone is doing good.
Love,
Elder Haws
No comments:
Post a Comment