Monday, August 24, 2015

Things are getting better and better

Dear Family,
This week has of course been one of the best. Our area keeps getting better and better each week. We have been getting a lot of new investigators and they are all awesome. I can't tell you how much joy it brings me, when they are willing to learn more about their heavenly father. And that's not always the case, sometimes they tell us they are already saved and they know Jesus Christ. It makes it hard to teach them and appointment fall though, but I'm getting better at not getting so discouraged. And always finding new ways to teach so that won't happen. 
I went on an exchange with Elder Andrews. And we came to my area and his been out for about a year. He is super cool and we had a lot of fun. And got a lot of flat tires haha. We started heading back home at about 9:30 and we were about 15 miles awake  from our apartment and elder Andrews got a flat tire haha. So we walked home and on the way home it rained like crazy so we got super wet haha but it was a lot of fun. And got home super late.
Kentucky is definitely a wired place. There is a lot of Africans and and a lot of refugees from all over the world. Most of them are from the Middle East so I get fed a lot African food and a lot of Middle East food. Lol it's like a foreign mission. Anyways one of the family's I'm teaching is from the Middle East and she is getting baptized this coming Saturday and she asked me if I could baptize her and her son. I have never been so happy and when she asked if I could, I didn't know what to say. So I just sat there and froze for a little bit. I'm super happy and super exited that she asked me and I can't wait until it happens. Sarah was a Muslim and the rest of her family as well. She got divorced so she can become a Christian. She is always teaching me a lot of things and my testimony gets strengthened every time we teach her. 
Things are getting better and better everyday. The weather has been really good. It makes biking a lot easier when it's less hot. My companion and I are a lot alike, so it's pretty sweet. I'm loving serving a mission and it gets easier and you get more settled in everyday. It also makes the days and the weeks go by faster, when you lost in the work. 
To answer your question I guess haha. No I thought the people in America would be a lot nicer but not in Kentucky haha but we are really good friends with the gangs around here so they help out a lot. My area is very ghetto and a lot of white trash haha. Everyone is very religious and you will find a church almost everywhere.. It's like one church per mile haha. People mistake us with the Jdubs and they say they don't want to talk to us sometimes. But as soon us we say we are not they are like "oh sorry we hate those peoples and they invite us in hahaha. Kentucky has a lot of bugs a lot. Some of my favorite are the fire flys haha. They light up at night and they are like sparks. 

I'm baptizing this Saturday and I don't what to do because I don't have any baptismal clothes for it 😁 Can you have mom send me my baptismal pants? Anyways good to hear mom is enjoying her job. I saw a quote this week and it said "a woman of infinite worth" and it reminded me of her and made me a little home sick haha. Nice to hear the boys are likening there games and hope everything is going well. And no I didn't get transferred. Here is the food I hate to eat this week 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment